Saturday, July 24, 2010

First (and last) Saturday night spent in Paris

...and I'm not doing anything. Haha. I "went out" last night to a Mexican (ha) restaurant and to a club in Pigalle, but ended up going home by 12:30 because I thought the last metro would come and I had to wake up at 8 this morning. And that's practically the craziest I've been here. It's ridiculous, really, but understandable. When I don't feel like an integrated part of the culture, I don't feel as comfortable with going out. Also, alcohol is more expensive here...instead of pregaming, people buy drinks in the club, which cost upwards of 6 Euros each. That's crazy. I LOVE drinking and partying and enjoy it immensely when I do it, but I don't need it to have fun, and I don't necessarily feel like I'm missing out by not doing it in Paris. Even though I am party person, that's not what I came here for.

FRIDAY:
Definitely made up for boring Thursday!!
After class, we:
1. Ate lunch at Luxembourg Gardens
2. Went to Musee D'Orsay (for free!)
3. Went to the Arc de Triomphe and climbed UP it (for free!)-- what an AMAZING view!
4. Went to Le Marais to hopefully poke around, but it started raining so we didn't do too much.
5. Went to La Bastille to get gelato, and then I walked home in time for dinner!
6. Ate dinner
7. Went out to a club in Pigalle

those are the kind of days I wish I had in Paris every day. I'm pretty satisfied with my experience here. If I had more time, I could explore even more, and travel to other countries gradually, but as it is, I've done more than my fair share of what any tourist will ever do here...and that's really what I wanted. Other cities I'm content to be a tourist in, but for Paris (and France in general) I had a a desire to get a more nuanced view. So hooray! C'est fait. Ce fut fait.

No comments:

Post a Comment